“So far, we have not received a report of Indonesian citizens falling victim to the disaster,” Director for the Protection of Indonesian Citizens and Legal Entities at the Foreign Ministry, Judha Nugraha, said in a written statement released on Friday.
The flood that hit Jeddah and surrounding areas on Thursday was triggered by nearly four hours of heavy rainfall, the highest on record since 2009, he informed.
The flood reportedly claimed the lives of two Saudi citizens.
According to the Indonesian Consulate General in Jeddah, the floodwaters that had inundated most of the roads in the city have gradually receded, Nugraha said.
However, several areas, including underpasses, have remained submerged.
The Saudi government had on Wednesday warned of potential heavy rains and announced that schools would be closed the following day, he said.
Related news: BNPB confirms two dead in Bireuen District floods
Related news: Govt provides emergency aid for Aceh Tamiang flood victims
Related news: Indonesia urges Saudi Arabia to review new Umrah pilgrimage plan